Why We Need Supplements for Healthy Aging
Normally, we should get all the vitamins and minerals from the food we eat. Nonetheless, even if we strive to eat healthy, we may not get the adequate amount of essential nutrients our body needs. Thus, we need supplements to augment our daily intake of nutrients for optimum health.
Here are 3 underlying factors why supplements are necessary for healthy aging.
- To Fill the Nutritional Deficiencies
Most people don’t meet the required amount of important nutrients from food alone due to poor appetite, busy lifestyle, age,medication, poor eating habit, restricted or strict diet, or change in dietary needs. Supplementation is aimed to fill the dietary gap, to increase the nutrient density of your diet and to see to it you are getting the right and adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals your body needs.
- To Help Fight Free Radicals
We are all exposed to free radicals coming from environmental pollutants, cigarette smoke, industrial chemicals like pesticides, and other toxins like stress and lack of sleep — which increase the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease. Free radicals can take a toll on our overall health and well being. The added nutrients we get from supplements help prevent free radicals from damaging healthy cells, speed the repair and regeneration of damaged cells – facilitate renewal.
- To Help Increase Nutritional Value
According to studies, there is a decline in nutritional value of fruits, vegetables and grains due to soil depletion, farming/agricultural methods like using extensive use of chemical fertilizers, as well as food processing and preparation. For instance, well milled/polished rice loses most of its fiber, vitamins and minerals. Thus, some foods we eat have actually been stripped of their nutrients even before they are served.
Here are 4 Supplements you may want to add to your healthy diet.
- Made from organic natural black elderberry extract, Bee Propolis, Echinacea Extract, Vitamin C
- Help support our body’s natural defenses.
- Delicious alternative to regular gummy bear candy or Elderberry Capsules or extract.
- Requires one chewable gummy per day instead of 6 or more capsules, tablets, or several tablespoons of syrup.
- NO high fructose corn syrup.
- NO preservatives.
- No artificial colors.
- Made from st. John’s wort, ginkgo biloba, and other nootropic brain boosters.
- Helps promote positive mood, boost energy, focus, memory and clarity.
- Helps support brain functions.
- Caffeine free.
- Helps boost the immune
- helps protect the digestive system.
- Helps improve brain health and memory.
- Helps improve mental clarity, cognitive ability, memory and physical energy.
- Helps improve logical reasoning and creativity.
Nevertheless, it is crucial to understand that these supplements should never be a substitute for food as they cannot take up the primary functions of food in our body.